cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2019 270 SDX. When you...

fire4161
Guest Contributor

I have a 2019 270 SDX. When you open the anchor locker lid it rests on top of the starboard light. It is starting to wear out the vinyl already where it makes contact. Does anyone else have this issue? Thanks

23 REPLIES 23

wingless
Rising Contributor
This image shows that issue.

https://images.boattrader.com/resize/1/14/83/161483_20200708095154806_0_LARGE.jpg

It may be that the "easiest" solution is to manually put something near the light for protection prior to using the anchor locker. For example, putting a crumpled beach towel on the light first could work.

TimboSlice
Guest Contributor
You may want to consider attaching a strap to lid and anchor closet, in a length that would keep the lid from contacting light.

Paulswagelock
Guest Contributor
Mine does the same thing. Absolute design flaw. I am looking to see if I can limit the travel with a strap or piston.

fire4161
Guest Contributor
A piston would definitely be the answer. I asked my dealer for a new bolster. Waiting to see if I get one

Paulswagelock
Guest Contributor
I had my bolster replaced under warranty as it had a small tear already started at delivery.

Tgarris
Guest Contributor
Watching, piston is a great idea, the question is how to install without doing damage to lid

GHall4
Guest Contributor
We have a new 2019 SDX 270 OB and I did notice the design flaw with the anchor locker lid. I haven’t configured any mitigation as of yet and just being very careful with the lid.

wingless
Rising Contributor
Is it possible to cut a hole in the anchor locker lid that accepts a cup holder, with the placement such that new cup holder / hole doesn't cause the navigation light to be impacted when opening the lid?

briansabatelli
Guest Contributor
How do they not see these things when they design the boat? I just don’t understand. My SPX 230 is the same way. It was like they deliberately decided not to think some things through

jkillam
Guest Contributor
I bought a 2019 270SDX last year as well and the cushion (bolster) to the Windlass latch got damaged (sliced) from the starboard nav light. Searay is replacing the bolster and they are putting in a stop (probably white rubber) to prevent it from hitting the light (under warrantee). I agree - seems to be a design flaw you wouldn't expect from Sea Ray. My remedy until it does get fixed is putting a rag between the bolster and the lamp (without the nav lights on, of course).

BRUCE_SEA
Guest Contributor
Hello, i also own a 2019 270 SDX, and I'm on my 3rd Bolster replacement, the dealer added a strap to stop it from opening too far this time.

wingless
Rising Contributor
BRUCE SEA thanks for the update. You don't expect parts to last forever...

Could an image please be attached showing the solution?

Paulswagelock
Guest Contributor
Yes, post a picture please so we all can see what they did.

BRUCE_SEA
Guest Contributor
Can’t get there yet as I am waiting for sally to leave

BRUCE_SEA
Guest Contributor
Hello, went down to the boat and took a couple of pictures but I am having a problem downloading it so I can send, I think I have to adjust the carburetor a little and try it again

BRUCE_SEA
Guest Contributor

BRUCE_SEA
Guest Contributor
It was just a simple strap but it’s solid I should have no more bolster problems

Paulswagelock
Guest Contributor
Thanks so much.

Tgarris
Guest Contributor
Thanks from N.J.!

BRUCE_SEA
Guest Contributor
Hello all, I just finished installing an air temperature sensor, and fresh water level sensor with a water sending unit, on my 270 SDX they plugged into the back bone that went right to my simrad, a little set up and Boom they work great. I have the part numbers for the correct sensors if anyone is interested.

LBI270
Guest Contributor
BRUCE SEA. Can you share part numbers for sensors you mentioned. Thanks.

H2OBOY
Guest Contributor
@Bruce Breck Yes, please reply with the part numbers. Are there other sensors that you know about for the boat? Is there a link to the sensors you've spoken of?

BRUCE_SEA
Guest Contributor
Hello,

The sensor for outside temperature sensor # is 000-115-001

The sensor for the water level is #000-11518-001

These do not show up on the Simrad accessory web sight, so mine came from Google, Hodges marine but there many to pick from.

My water tank sender gauge came from amazon,

You will need the 240-33 ohm gauge. My boat is a 270 SDX so i have a 20 gallon tank, it measures 7 7/8" deep, I ordered the 200mm or 7.48 long sender , I had to add a 1/4" shim between the top of the tank and the gauge, that fit perfectly.

the next size shorter was150mm or 5.9", that was way to short for my application. The Simrad set up is pretty easy, Set your tank unit up with it out of the tank and Simrad in set up mode, I used the 5 settings mode and it is quite accurate, any questions on install or set up e mail me I'm glad to help

[email protected]