cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2008 Sundancer water in budge of...

Yachtsea
Guest Contributor

2008 Sundancer water in budge of back stateroom. Can’t figure out where it comes from. Only one white pipe( black water I think ) runs through that area. Salt water? Any help. Also in the very back of the engine room at the transom both sides hold water.. new owner so kinda lost. Shop vac it out couple times a week 

12 REPLIES 12

wingless
Rising Contributor
Starting dry and tracking accumulation is a good first step.

If those areas remain dry during periods when the boat is idle and sunny skies, that points to rainwater intrusion.

If water accumulates during sunny skies then the water is entering from elsewhere. A last hope is to also shut off / depressurize the fresh water pump.

Yachtsea
Guest Contributor
Will give that a try. Thank you .

Ed_Bacon
Guest Contributor
I have the same problem with a 2005 390. Taste the water. Mine is fresh water. I'm living aboard during the winter (25 degrees this morning) and i notice a lot of condensation, particularly from stanchions fasteners, water tank in the swim platform, etc. Also check the Glendinning, transom shower and rails fittings for rainwater openings.

Midnight_Run
Guest Contributor
My guess would be the rudder shafts or the rudder shaft plates are leaking??? Then the water is running up the outside of the stringers and into the aft cabin. When you vacuum the water out try to find where it is coming in...

Yachtsea
Guest Contributor
Ok will try. It’s salt water abt it is coming in from the little drain hole facing the bow of the boat

Wolfman
Guest Contributor
I would check the AC condensate pan to make sure it draining and not overflowing. Also check your fresh water lines and the water heater. For me it was the water heater causing a leak last time.

Yachtsea
Guest Contributor
Thank you will do. Love the support here for sure

Ivan
Guest Contributor
Helow Yachtsea, I had a similar issue on my 07 48 Sundancer. It was traced to an improper seal work were the the PVC pipe that encloses the black water hose penetrates the engine room bulkhead under the aft shower. Also, the water on the transom can be from the rudder seals, they might be worn out. I hope this helps.

Jet_Rooster
Guest Contributor
Also check the shower sump and sump bilge pump and float. Notorious for leaking at the cover when the float or pump fails.

Yachtsea
Guest Contributor
There is no sump in the shower it drains directly into the sump tank in the middle Bildge compartment I believe

SMT
Guest Contributor
I had one it turned out to be seal on the water pump from fresh water tsnk

Jet_Rooster
Guest Contributor
I also had the same leak from overfilling the freshwater tank