cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey all, looking to troubleshoot...

pjwezner
Guest Contributor

Hey all, looking to troubleshoot a problem. I've got a 2007 36 Sea Ray Sedan Bridge - started the engines this morning and none of the gauges or vessel view are reading (all needles sitting at 0 and vessel view cannot interact with). Engines are running fine, all accessories are turned on, autopilot and radar/charts still work too.

Any ideas what might be causing it, or things to check to try and resolve?

10 REPLIES 10

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

The dash instruments are powered by the alternator purple excitation wire, pin 5 on the big round engine plug, using the black ground return, pin 1.

My speculation is the alternator or the wiring is bad.

Len1
Guest Contributor
My wife and I have the same boat of the same year. Attached is the smart craft operations manual. It has a troubleshooting section. Hope this helps.

jrsamples
Guest Contributor
good morning, I also have an 07 36 sedan bridge and have had the same problem, I shut down the engines and turned off the key then turned them back on and all worked fine, this has happened 2 times. I did have a strange thing happen this week , I went to the large screen over the TV and it would not come on, I turned off the AC power and all power did not come back on, the small screen said 133 of 134 modules found error. I went in the engine room turned off the battery switch and all started working again. Billy

pjwezner
Guest Contributor
Thanks all for the input. I fully powered off the helm a couple times and restarted and they still didn't come back - I did not however try a full shutdown of the system, including turning off all the battery switches so perhaps I'll try that next.

If that fails, I'll probably hail a technician - luckily we were able to make it back to home port without issues.

wingless
Rising Contributor
"Easy" check is to measure the supply voltage on the back of any gauge using a DC voltage meter. It should measure battery voltage between the purple and black wire.

pjwezner
Guest Contributor
Thanks wingless - that's pretty straight forward - my first service call the tech is 3+ weeks out, so I'll grab my multi meter before heading down this weekend and see if I can do a bit more investigation now that I'm not away from port.

Torrence_s_Tide
Guest Contributor
I take it you have the Eplex system. Could be a module. Run a text reset and see if any modules are missing. Let me know if you need the reset instructions

pjwezner
Guest Contributor
If you could share the reset instructions, that would be great!

jrsamples
Guest Contributor
yes, please send re-set instructions. also in ht eengine room on the bulkhead there are 3 drum switches the have a lever, they say off, auto and on, what do they do ? B

Len1
Guest Contributor
Instructions on how to reboot the Eplex system attached. Let me know if you need anything else.