cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to change the stereo in...

Seaclusion
Guest Contributor

I want to change the stereo in my 2003 410 Sundancer. Easy enough. Except I can't find the amplifier. And I can't even get the old unit out of the cabinet. Has anyone done this or know where the amplifier is? 

Thanks,

Mike 

4 REPLIES 4

lady_Patricia
Guest Contributor
When I took the old TV out of my 2000 410, the only way to get it out was to break it up. I think they built the boat around the TV. May be the same for your stereo?

Seaclusion
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the input lady Patricia. I've managed to get the stereo out without damaging anything. It just took some persuasion. But I still haven't found the amplifier.

SeaMax
Guest Contributor
I have 2000 410 and mine was located under the sofa, on the aft end, ender the electrical panels. The main cabin air conditioner is also there. I replaced mine with a new fusion, much better than old amplifier. Check out the wiring carefully, my cockpit speakers were wired wrong from the factory.

Seaclusion
Guest Contributor
Thank you SeaMax. The amp was right there. Actually there's 2. I ended up using these existing amps with my old stereo and a $16 Bluetooth adapter. Works good enough for me and saved a bundle.