cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey all, new boater here with a...

Seas_The_Momen1
Guest Contributor

Hey all, new boater here with a 2007 340 sundancer. While coming back in yesterday after cruising for about 3 hours, my port engine just quit.  The engine was still running but not registering any RPMs and absolutely no power. I had to limp back to the slip on one engine which was not fun.  I knew the port batteries were low and not charging  but to just quit like that is throwing me for a loop.  Anybody have any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

300_sunpancer
Guest Contributor
Try replacing AIC valve is very common and it lasts only about two years. Will cause the boat to stall at idle.

Season_Ticket
Guest Contributor
I agree with 300 sunpancer I had this happen to me and that is what my issue was.

Fast_Eddie1
Guest Contributor
What is the AIC valve?

300_sunpancer
Guest Contributor
It stands for idle air control, or IAC valve and it regulates the flow of air at idle speed. It is very easy to access and change and you can buy it easily through the Internet.

300_sunpancer
Guest Contributor
Here is one on eBay

ernie2
Guest Contributor
Sounds more like an electrical issue vs IAC.... If you're not getting a reading from the smartcraft gauges, it's probably a voltage / power issue. If you know the batteries aren't charging, I'd start there. Double check the batteries are still good, replace if not, and check if the alternator is working.

It's possible the alternator was putting out some power that had you going for 3 hours but eventually quit or couldn't keep up... then your voltage dropped below what the system needed and it quit on you.

Anyway you add it up, you need good batteries and them charging... that's going to cause all types of problems. Fix this first " I knew the port batteries were low and not charging"