Looking for pictures of Windlass...

Alexander89
Guest Contributor
Looking for pictures of Windlass Installation for 270 Sundancer
6 REPLIES 6

Berkan
Guest Contributor
Hello
This is my installation with 50 meter chain in a bucket in the engine compartment!
Sorry i dont have any more pictures !

Cap
Guest Contributor
Hi
I am installing a Lewmar V700 on my 2000 270 in the spring.
My boat is shrink wrapped for the winter so I can,t tell if it is pre- wired. I am thinking it is because there is room for a switch for the dash, braker panel marked windlass. The pdf should help. V700 manual 65001022-iss8-Eng

Brite_Idea
Guest Contributor
If you contact Searay with your HIN# they can tell you if it is prewired. If it isn't it can be a big job runing the power from your batteries to the anchor locker. I have the original Lowfrans and after 17 years it still works! Good luck with your install.

Del1
Guest Contributor
Hi
I am not sure what pictures you require or the age of your 270 Sundancer but I have attached some pictures from my boat. I have a 1995 270 Sundancer in the UK, which was originally sold into the Greek Islands, so it needed a decent windlass. On my boat the forward locker/chain locker door has been re-enforced and the windlass is bolted directly to it. The chain locker has 48 metres of chain and 14 metres of rope. The cables run from the battery to the Lofrans' control box and are mounted behind the mid cabin wall. The control unit is mounted behind the main electrics panel in the galley area and the heavy duty cables then run from the control unit behind the cabin panels, to the windlass. The system is protected by a 70amp circuit breaker (originally a 67 amp fuse), mounted in the engine bay. The switch unit is mounted at the helm and and wired to the control box and of course there are 2 deck switches, which are also wired to the control unit. I hope this is of some use, please feel free to ask if you need any specific information....

Stu2
Guest Contributor
My 1993 Sundancer came factory equipped with a windless manufactured by theGood Windless co. The relay control panel is mounted directly under the windless in the rope locker. I will try and post a picture soon .the Good Co. Is still in business

Stu2
Guest Contributor
I forgot to mention that my SeaRay is a model 270