cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2008 Sundeck 220 Ski Locker Full of Water

mmnick5
Guest Contributor

Our Ski Locker is full of water for the first time.  No water in engine compartment.  Bilge pump back there is working fine.  Does anyone know how the water is suppose to drain from the ski locker?  Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4

CommanderB
Guest Contributor

On the Sport series there is a hole at the aft end of the ski locker bulkhead at the bottom of the V. There is a bung on a tether to plug this. Removing the bung and it will drain in to the engine bilge.

Great.   Thanks for that info!   Any suggestion for getting the bung out? I think I can see the top of the tether above the water line  but area is too small for me to get into (plus full of water).   Thanks!  

CommanderB
Guest Contributor

On mine it was something like this - Bung.jpgThe top lever expands the bung to seal. If its in place you need to flip the lever from the position in the photo to pointing straight out. Then you should be able to pull quite easily.

The tether was maybe 3" of 1/8" FSWR with looped crimps to an eye on the bulkhead that prevented the bung from getting lost.

CommanderB
Guest Contributor

Sorry just concerned about your comment 'too small to get in to'. The bung on the Sport is in the main part of the ski locker, very accessible if you remove skis etc. But would be underwater if the locker is full.