cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great 4 day weekend On our 97 signature...

Shallow_waters
Guest Contributor

Great 4 day weekend On our 97 signature 210 In the beautiful California delta that has been neglected for a couple of decades. It’s sad to see but it’s having a resurgence it seems. At Tower Park in Lodi California. Boat ran flawlessly except for one gremlin. Occasionally the boat loses power backfires and the tachometer goes crazier than A compass in the Bermuda triangle. Every time  every time that did that we were out for several hours we would go through a 5 mph zone for a little while and then it would happen shortly after when excelerating Or just running around 3500 rpm’s. Temperature is great oil pressure is great voltage is great . It seems to happen that way every time I can run it however I want for a few hours. Anybody have any ideas. I had the fuel system cleaned, out drive rebuilt. Sat in the marina here for four days virtually no water. 

2 REPLIES 2

wingless
Rising Contributor
It sounds like a bad electrical connection.

Start with a visual inspection and gentle wiggling to see if anything is discovered.

Dano11
Guest Contributor
I agree with a poor connection. You should consider inspection of the points and condenser as long as you are in this area looking for loosness and corrosion