cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard top conversion.  I have a...

Billo
Guest Contributor

Hard top conversion.  I have a 440 convertible with a Bimini top. I think a hard top would be so much better. Not sure what the conversion might cost, but also thought there might be a company out there that parts out boats who might have a suitable hard top from another boat?  If not, what is the estimated cost for such a process?

4 REPLIES 4

wingless
Rising Contributor
Why not start w/ inquiries at the local boat yards for people / companies that do those jobs? Recommendations and examples on prior work are very important.

IMO, getting a great long term result is the most important aspect.

When I had a professional do some fiberglass work on my boat (amazing job / waaay better than I could ever do), when the extent of the job increased slightly from necessity, we discussed at final payment that I didn't beat him up on the quoted price, so he didn't beat me up on the slight scope expansion. I think we both walked away happy.

Pgeee
Guest Contributor
My PO made it himself, mould, fibreglass etc, custom stainless struts, then the clears of course, this is in a 400db so it’s quite a piece, most owners would not have the skills but it proves it can be done, you just need an expert to make it

gtstang462002
Guest Contributor
Most of the hard tops that I have seen installed on boats around my marinia run between 5-10K installed depending on size. You would also have to add in the cost of the enclosure if you wanted to go that route as well which puts another 8-12k to the project. Fabricators going rate as well as cost/availability of materials (which is insane right now) is going to drive the final price.

Yellovette
Guest Contributor
  • Check out Atlantic Towers, their website is Atlantic towers.com that's all they do, hardtops.  They may likely have the design and specs for your boat.  Beware though, not cheap!